Contraction of the space of electron drift in low-frequency bunchers
In the paper we theoretically investigate the mechanism by which the space of drift electrons is contracted in klystron-type bunchers which modulate the electron beam in ion accelerators, in particular to excite an rf field. The contraction of the drift length is effected through a decrease in the mean beam velocity in the field of an electrostatic lens or a metal tube and is based on the fact that the relative motion of velocity-modulated electrons are independent of the mean velocity of the electron beam in a weak modulation regime.
KeywordsElectron Beam Relative Motion Modulation Regime Drift Electron Metal Tube
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Belikov, A. G. Lymar', and N. A. Khizhnyak, Second Symposium on Collective Methods of Acceleration. Dubna, Sept. 29–Oct. 2, 1976 [in Russian], Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna (1976), p. 172.Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Akhiezer, G. Ya. Lyubarskii, and Ya. B. Fainberg, in: Theory and Design of Linear Accelerators [in Russian], Gosatomizdat, Moscow (1962), p. 131.Google Scholar
- 3.A. I. Akhiezer, G. Ya. Lyubarskii, L. É. Pargamanik, and Ya. B. Fainberg, in: Theory and Design of Linear Accelerators [in Russian], Gosatomizdat, Moscow (1962), p. 114.Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. A. Katsman, Ultra-High-Frequency Devices [in Russian],2, 192, Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.N. M. Gavrilov and A. V. Nesterovich, Problems of Atomic Science and Engineering. Series “Technique of Physics Experiments” [in Russian], No. 1(1), Kar'kov (1978), p. 18.Google Scholar