Effects of growth conditions on the photoluminescence spectra of epitaxial GaAs films made by the hydride method
- 22 Downloads
A study has been made of the effects of growth temperature and vapor-gas mixture composition in the diffusion region on the photoluminescence spectra at 77°K for GaAs films. It is shown that the growing film takes up an uncontrolled impurity whose level lies at a depth of 0.026 ±- 0.003 eV, which is determined by the ratio of the [AsH3] concentration to [TMG] in the gas phase. In the range 560–670°C, this ratio is controlled by the degree of decomposition of the arsine, while at higher temperatures it is controlled by desorption of this from the surface.
KeywordsGaAs Growth Condition Hydride Growth Temperature Photoluminescence Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. S. Garba, N. N. D'yachkova, et al., Electronic Engineering, Series 6, Materials [in Russian], Issue 6 (1974), p. 40.Google Scholar
- 2.I. A. Frolov, P. B. Boldyrevskii, B. L. Druz', and E. B. Sokolov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mat.,13, 773 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Ivanyutin, A. A. Arendarenko, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mat.,16, No. 1, 18 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Ito, T. Shinohara, and J. Seki, J. Electroch. Soc.,120, No. 10, 1419 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.T. S. Babushkina, T. A. Zeveke, A. D. Zorin, E. N. Karataev, R. A. Rubtsova, V. A. Tolomasov, and I. A. Feshchenko, in: Production and Analysis of Pure Substances [in Russian], Gor'kii (1981), p. 20.Google Scholar
- 6.F. P. Kesamanla and D. N. Nasledov (eds.), Gallium Arsenide: Production, Properties, and Uses [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1973), p. 75.Google Scholar
- 7.A. P. Levanyuk and V. V. Osipov, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,133, 427 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.G. G. Devyatykh and A. D. Zorin, Especial-Purity Volatile Inorganic Hydrides [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977), p. 65.Google Scholar
- 9.W. H. Petzke, Kristall Technik,9, 763 (1974).Google Scholar