Investigation of the total conductivity of heterolasers with a strip contact with reverse bias
The electrical properties of DGS lasers with a strip contact on the basis of AlxGa1−xAs with reverse bias, including the breakdown domain, are investigated experimentally. It is shown that the dependence of the barrier capacitance on the voltage is described well by the relationship Cb = Co/(1− V/Vk)1/m, where Co = (50–110) pF and m = 2.0–2.7. The capacitance for zero bias Co depends weakly on the frequency in the range 660 kHz–60 MHz. The active conductivity for V = 0 increases by approximately an order as the frequency changes from 15–60 MHz. The dependence of the active and reactive components of the total laser conductivity on the current is investigated at fixed frequencies in the range mentioned. The weak dependence of the reactive component on the current is noted in the breakdown regime associated with stabilization of the reverse voltage on the laser. Possible physical mechanisms responsible for the kind of characteristics obtained are discussed.
KeywordsElectrical Property Physical Mechanism Frequency Change Reverse Bias Weak Dependence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Tsarenkov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,5, 2306 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.T. P. Lee, The Bell Syst. Tech. J.,54, No. 1, 53 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.V. L. Aronov and Ya. A. Fedotov, Testing and Investigation of Semiconducting Devices [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.E. D. Karikh, V. D. Kurnosov, et al., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fizika, No. 11, 26 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.E. D. Karikh and A. F. Shilov, Nauchn. Trudy Vuzov LitSSR, Radioelektronika,17, No. 3, 70 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.V. E. Chelnokov and Yu. A. Evseev, Physical Principles of Powerful Semiconductor Device Operation [in Russian], Energiya, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.Zh. I. Alferov and O. A. Ninua, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn,4, 360 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Pankov, Optical Processes in Semiconductors [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 9.B. L. Sharma and R. K. Purokhit, Semiconductor Heterojunctions [in Russian], Sovet-skoe Radio, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.C. H. Henry, R. A. Logan, and F. R. Merrit, Appl. Phys. Lett.,31, 454 (1977).Google Scholar
- 11.C. H. Henry, R. A. Logan, and F. R. Merrit, J. Appl. Phys.,49, 3530 (1978).Google Scholar
- 12.E. D. Karikh, Seventh Republic Conf. of Young Scientists in Physics. Collection of Abstracts [in Russian], Minsk, 173 (1982).Google Scholar