Band structure of transverse-energy eigenvalues and strong electron scattering by atomic planes in single crystals
- 17 Downloads
The interaction between electrons and atomic planes in a single crystal is discussed via a bound-state model; the transverse-energy spectrum allows one to classify many electron states as bound to individual planes, semibound to a system of planes, or free de Broglie waves. Expressions are derived for the channeling probability and the probability of strong Rutherford scattering. There is a detailed discussion of the states for the (100) and (110) planes of silicon, which play a part in strong electron scattering.
KeywordsSilicon Electron State Band Structure Electron Scattering Strong Electron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Vorob'ev, in: Proceedings of the Sixth All-Union Conference on the Interactions of Charged Particles with Single Crystals [in Russian], Izd. MGU (1975), p. 191.Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Vorob'ev, V. V. Kaplin, and D. E. Popov, in: Preliminary Program and Abstracts for the Seventh All-Union Conference on the Interactions of Charged Particles with Single Crystals [in Russian], Izd. MGU (1975), p. 44.Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Kaplin, S. A. Vorob'ev, and D. E. Popov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz.,40, No. 8, 1681 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Lindhard, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,99, No. 2, 249 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Theoretical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Kambe, G. Lehmpfuhl, and F. Fujimoto, Z. Naturforsch. Teil A:29, 1034 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.H. C. H. Nip and J. Kelly, Phys. Rev.,5B, 813 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Davydov, Quantum Mechanics, Addison-Wesley (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.J. M. Ziman, Principles of the Theory of Solids, Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Kjaer Andersen, F. Bell, F. Frandsen, and E. Uggerhøj, Phys. Rev.,8B, 4913 (1973).Google Scholar