Fluctuation processes in the surface region of indium antimonide
- 12 Downloads
Amplitudes of fluctuations in the surface potential in MOS structures are studied as a function of the state of the semiconductor substrate surface, the measurement frequency, and the intensity of background illumination. It is established that the dominant noise in the depletion-weak inversion region is generation-recombination noise produced by recharging of a deep impurity in the indium antimonide surface layer. In the strong inversion region “explosive” noise may be dominant. The relationship of the latter to structural defects of the semiconductor substrate is clarified. A model is proposed for generation of “explosive” noise in MOS-structures, based on the assumption of microplasma breakdown of the space charge region with an impurity defect “atmosphere” and phase readjustments of the matrix and oxide material. It is concluded that it is possible to reduce “explosive” noise in MOS-structures.
KeywordsExplosive Space Charge Surface Potential Measurement Frequency Oxide Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Davydov, A. S. Petrov, and A. A. Usherenko, Mikroelektronika,12, No. 2, 80 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Davydov, T. D. Lezina, E. A. Loskutova, et al., Poverkhnost', No. 3, 97 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.I. V. Grekhov and Yu. N. Serezhkin, Avalanche Breakdown of the p-n Junction in Semiconductors [in Russian], Énergiya, Leningrad (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.I. N. Sorokin, S. V. Nosikov, L. E. Gat'ko, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Neorg. Mater.,17, No. 5, 769 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.T. B. Boiko, P. A. Panchekha, V. N. Lyubov, et al., Poverkhnost', No. 12, 84 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Klebanova, M. M. Melamed, and S. V. Nosikov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Neorg. Mater.,18, No. 7, 1093 (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.N. Mott and E. Davis, Electron Processes in Noncrystalline Materials, Oxford Univ. Press, NJ (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.S. T. Hsu, R. J. Whittier, and C. A. Mead, Sol. St. Electron.,13, No. 7, 1055 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.F. A. Zaitov, O. V. Gorshkova, A. Ya. Polyakov, et al., Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,15, No. 6, 1230 (1981).Google Scholar