A radially rigid system of reference and the dynamic effects of the curvature of space
An equation of motion is obtained for a point particle in a radially rigid system of reference. This equation can be used to analyze the motion of a body in a higher approximation than was done by Papapetrou. In general, it is found that the components of the spin tensor relativeto the transported Fermi reference frame are changed, which is the analog of the phenomenon of electromagnetic induction in electrodynamics.
KeywordsReference Frame Dynamic Effect High Approximation Point Particle Electromagnetic Induction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. L. Synge, General Theory of Relativity, American Elsevier (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Papapetrou, Proc. Roy. Soc. (London),A209, 248 (1951).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Babetskii, A Stationary Gravitational Field in an Invariant (Quasi-Newtonian) Description [in Russian], Preprint ITF-71-50R, Kiev (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.L. J. Schiff, Phys. Rev. Letters,4, 215 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.B. Mashhoon, J. Math. Phys.,12, No, 7 (1971).Google Scholar