Effect of annealing on the photoelectric properties of single crystals of InSe
The effect of different heat-treatment regimes on recombination processes in n-In1.03Se0.97<0.5Zn> was studied by the method of square-wave modulation of light intensity, with subsequent analysis of the experimental data by the least squares method on a computer. The specimens were annealed at a temperature of 360–400°C in a vacuum  or Zn vapors  for different periods of time. They were then slowly cooled at a rate of 2 deg/min (A) or quenched (B). It was established the lifetime τ of the nonequilibrium carriers increases by nearly an order of magnitude in case IB, while the ratio of s- and r-centers remains nearly the same. In case IIA, τs decreases roughly by a factor of two, while in the best specimens it reaches 2.3·10−5 sec. Annealing for 20 h in regime IA leads to a large increase (by about 25%) in the density of s-centers.
KeywordsExperimental Data Recombination Light Intensity Recombination Process Photoelectric Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Bub, Photoconductivity of Solids, Wiley-Interscience, New York (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. Demchina, Z. D. Kovalyuk, and I. V. Mintyanskii, Prib. Tekh. Éksp., No. 2, 219 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.C. Christodoulides, J. Phys. D,18, No. 8, 1501–1510 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Micocci, A. Risso, and A. Tepore, J. Appl. Phys.,54, No. 4, 1924–1929 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.F. N. Kaziev, M. K. Sheikman, I. B. Ermolovich, and G. A. Akhundov, Izv. Akad. Nauk Az. SSR, Fiz.-Tekh. Mat. Nauk, No. 1, 41–48 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Rouse, Principles of the Theory of Photoconduction [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Segura, F. Pomer, C. Cantarero, et al., Phys. Rev.,B29, No. 10, 5708–5717 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.V. L. Bonch-Bruevich and S. G. Kalashnikov, Physics of Semiconductors [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.M. V. Tovarnitskii, V. K. Luk'yanyuk, Z. D. Kovalyuk, et al., Pis'ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,14, No. 22, 2104–2107 (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.A. Farenbruch and R. Bube, Solar Cells. Theory and Experiment [Russian translation], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar