Manifestation of electrification effects in study of radiation optical properties of glasses
- 11 Downloads
The change in optical transmission of specimens of K-208 glass under the action of an electron flux is studied experimentally as a function of electrification conditions. The kinetics of darkening of specimens of different thicknesses and the darkening distribution over the surface indicate the effect of radiation electrification of the glass on motion of moderate energy electron fluxes. A model is proposed for a dielectric electrified by irradiation, which explains the dependence of the change in optical properties of the glasses studied on irradiation conditions.
KeywordsRadiation Optical Property Energy Electron Moderate Energy Optical Transmission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Dyrkov, O. V. Evdokimov, and N. I. Yagushkin, Rad. Phys. Chem.,23, 331 (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.O. B. Evdokimov and N. I. Yagushkin, Fiz. Tverd. Tela,16, 564 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.B. Gross, M. G. Sessler, and F. J. West, J. Appl. Phys.,45, 2841 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.O. B. Evdokimov, Yu. A. Solov'ev, et al., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. Fiz., No. 6, 62 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.E. K. Zavadovskaya and V. A. Starodubtsev, Izv. Tomsk. Politekhn. Inst.,170, 125, (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.S. E. DeForest, J. Geophys. Res.,77, 651 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.N. A. Sidorov and V. K. Knyazev (eds.), Radiation Stability of Radio Construction Materials. A Handbook [in Russian], Sov. Radio, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.G. V. Byurganovskaya, V. V. Vargin, N. A. Leko, and L. F. Orlov, Action of Radiation on Inorganic Materials [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1968), p. 244.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Parcel, Electricity and Magnetism [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983), p. 416.Google Scholar