Resonance absorption of ultrasound due to rotational lattice vibrations
- 16 Downloads
The nuclear spin-phonon interaction Hamiltonian for Van Vleck paramagnets is derived in general form with allowance for rotational vibrations of the crystal lattice. The specific form of the Hamiltonian is given for tetragonal crystal symmetry in the cases S=1/2 and S > 1/2. The coefficient of sound absorption at the electron-nuclear levels as well as the electron spin system is calculated. It is verified that the contribution of rotational lattice vibrations can in a number of cases turn out to be an order of magnitude greater than the contribution depending on the shear and compressive strain.
KeywordsCrystal Lattice Specific Form Electron Spin Spin System Compressive Strain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Kumar, T. Ray, and D. K. Ray, Phys. Status Solidi,37, K65 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Abragam, J. F. Jacquinot, M. Chapeller, and M. Goldman, J. Phys. C,5, 2629 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.R. L. Melcher, Phys. Rev. Lett.,28, 165 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Dohm and P. Fulde, Z. Phys. B,21, 369 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.P. S. Wang and B. Luthi, Phys. Rev. B,15, 2708 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Bonsall and R. L. Melcher, Phys. Rev. B,14, 1128 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.V. Dohm, Z. Phys. B,23, 153 (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Al'tshuler and B. M. Kozyrev, Electron Spin Resonance of Compounds of Transition-Group Elements [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.R. M. Mineeva, Fiz. Tverd. Tela,8, 2222 (1966).Google Scholar
- 10.I. S. Konov, Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation, Kazan' (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.A. Abragam and B. Bleaney, Electron Paramagnetic Resonance of Transition Ions, Clarendon Press, Oxford (1970).Google Scholar