Coherent ensemble of pseudospins in an external field
The behavior in time is considered for the state vector of an ensemble of coherent pseudospins in external permanent and variable fields. Relaxation of the state vector of the ensemble is described by a Landau-Lifshits equation. The vector equation of motion is reduced to a first-order differential equation. Exact solutions of this equation are obtained for different combinations of both weak and strong fields acting on the ensemble. Conditions for applicability of the solutions obtained are discussed.
KeywordsDifferential Equation Exact Solution State Vector External Field Variable Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. P. Feynman, F. L. Vernon, and R. W. Hellwarth, J. Appl. Phys.,28, 49 (1957).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Loudon, The Quantum Theory of Light, Oxford Univ. Press (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.L. D. Landau, Collected Works [in Russian],1, Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Mandel, Progress in Optics,13, 29, North-Holland, Amsterdam (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Kamke, Handbook on Ordinary Differential Equations [in German], Chelsea Publ.Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Andreev, V. I. Emel'yanov, and Yu. A. Il'inskii, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,131, 653 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.S. D. Kuz'michev and G. V. Skrotskii, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 7, 122 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.L. Allen and J. Eberly, Optical Resonance and Two-Level Atoms [Russian cranslation] Mir, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar