Overview of a theory and method for prediction of mineral resources in China
- 68 Downloads
A set of theories and methods has long been needed to enhance geological prospecting. Since 1982, we have been predicting mineral-resource potential based on geological research in China, using a comprehensive information theory and method (CIM), developed to identify mineral-resource domains. The key features of CIM are: (1) to establih comprehensive prospecting models on various scales on the basis of a metallogenic model; the prospecting models are statistical in nature and incorporate a range of “ore” indicators, (2) to compile detailed metallogenic maps that reflect metallogenic regularities, ore-controlling factors, prospecting indicators, and the positions of favorable target areas, and (3) to establish statistical prediction models of undiscovered mineral resources. This CIM method has been effective and has provided significant economic benefits in the past few years in China.
Key wordsmineral resources domains metallogenic maps prospecting models
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Agterberg, F. P., 1974, Geomathematics, Mathematical Background and Geoscience Applications: Elsevier Scientific Publishing Company, Amsterdam, 596 p.Google Scholar
- Cheng, Q., and Wang Shicheng, 1990, Comprehensive Information Mineral Resource Appraisal: Theory and Methods: Proc. 22nd International APCOM Symposium held at Berlin, September 1990, v. 2, Technische Universität, Berlin, p. 397–410.Google Scholar
- Harris, D. P., 1984, Mineral Resources Appraisal—Mineral Endowment, Resources, and Potential Supply: Concepts, Methods, and Cases: Clarendon Press, Oxford, 445 p.Google Scholar
- Jing Yi, Wang Shicheng, and Yuan Qingyang, 1986, Applications of Markov Processes in Geology: China Publishing House of Geology, Beijing (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang Shicheng, Cheng Qiuming, and Fan Jizhang, 1990a, Comprehensive Information Appraisal Methods of Gold Deposits: Jilin Science and Technology Press, (in Chinese), 441 p.Google Scholar
- Wang Shicheng, Fan Jizhang, and Yang Yonghua, 1990b, Appraisal of Mineral Resources: Jilin Science and Technology Press (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang Shicheng, Ma Shengzhong, Wang Yutian, and Wang Kai, 1990c, An Expert System for Gold Deposit Prediction on the Basis of Comprehensive Information: Proc. International Workshop on Statistical Prediction of Mineral Resources, held at Wuhan, China, October 20–25, 1990.Google Scholar
- Wang Shicheng, and Wang Yutian, 1989, The Principles of Synthetic Information Interpretation and Method for Compiling Synthetic Prognostic Maps: Publishing House of Jilin University, Jilin, China, 164 p.Google Scholar