Influence of anisotropy constants of higher order on the magnetic reversal of uniaxial magnets
- 25 Downloads
Within the framework of a simple model in which only homogeneous states of magnetization are considered, the influence of the constants of magnetic crystallographic anisotropy of higher order on the critical field of domain formation and the hysteresis loops of uniaxial magnets is investigated. It is shown that the critical field depends strongly on both the sign of K1 and on the ratio of the magnitudes and signs of K2/K1 and K3/K1. On the basis of stability analysis for the free energy, hysteresis loops of uniaxial magnets as a function of Ki are calculated.
KeywordsAnisotropy Free Energy Simple Model Stability Analysis Hysteresis Loop
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. J. Becker, IEEE Trans. Mag.,8, No. 3, 520–523 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Kronmuller, J. Mag. Mag. Mater.,7, No. 2, 341–344 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. Smit and Kh. Vein, Ferrites [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.W. I. Khan and D. Melville, J. Mag. Mag. Mater.,23, No. 2, 117–122 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Kronmuller, Phys. Status Solidi,B130, No. 1, 197–203 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Herzer, W. Fernengel, and E. Adler, J. Mag. Mag. Mater.,58, Nos. 1–2, 48–54 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Asti and F. Bolzoni, J. Mag. Mag. Mater.,20, No. 1, 29–43 (1980).Google Scholar