Determination of the interaction potential of the Li+-He system relative to the experimental differential cross sections
- 10 Downloads
Reassessment of the interaction potential relative to the experimental differential scattering cross sections of Li+ ions by He at energies from 3.64 to 218 eV is carried out in this present report by the method published in 1970 by L. G. Yakovlev and É. M. Bashirov. The numerical values obtained for the potential are approximated by the formula (in eV)V(r)=398·exp(-4.90r) −8.47 exp(−3.31r) eV.
This formula gives values of the potential over the range of spacing from 0.5 to 1.5 Å. Comparison with other well-known data shows the excellent agreement of the results, but the use of the proposed method permits the potential to be determined over a wider range of spacings.
KeywordsExcellent Agreement Interaction Potential Present Report Differential Cross Section Differential Cross
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. G. Yakovlev and É. M. Bashirov, Izv. VUZ, Fizika, No. 8, 118 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.F. J. Zehr and H. W. Berry, Phys. Rev.,159, 13 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Aberth and D. C. Lorents, ibid.,182, 162 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.F. C. Hoyt, ibid.,55, 664 (1939).Google Scholar
- 5.R. E. Olson, E. T. Smith, and C. R. Mueller, ibid.,A1, 27 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.C. R. Fischer, J. Chem. Phys.,48, 215 (1968).Google Scholar