Analytic properties of the solutions of Teukolsky's equation
- 17 Downloads
A method is proposed for studying the low-frequency solutions of Teukolsky's equation, describing the behavior of massless fields in the vicinity of a Kerr black hole. Approximate basis solutions and an integral equation for exact solutions are constructed. The analytic properties of the exact solutions and the asymptotic behavior of the leading nonanalytic parts are investigated and the approximate solutions are estimated.
KeywordsBlack Hole Integral Equation Exact Solution Asymptotic Behavior Approximate Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Teukolsky, Astrophys. J.,185, 635–647 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.J. B. Hartle and D. C. Wilkins, Commun. Math. Phys.,38, 47–63 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Zhdanov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz.,9, 34–39 (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Teukolsky and W. H. Press, Astrophys. J.,193, 443–461 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Bateman and A. Erdelyi (editors), Higher Transcendental Functions, McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar