A consequence of applying the generalized permutation relations in quantum theory of interacting fields
- 15 Downloads
In this paper, we examine a generalization of the permutation relations, used In quantum theory of fields, which ensure satisfaction of the basic physical requirements imposed on the interaction matrix in the case being examined. In this generalization, the cross section for scattering of a vector massless particle by a spinor particle is calculated. It is shown that here, in particular, the probability for the appearance of unphysical (“time-like” and “longitudinal”) vector particles as a result of scattering may be made to vanish.
KeywordsQuantum Theory Interaction Matrix Massless Particle Spinor Particle Physical Requirement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. S. Green, Phys. Rev.,90, 270 (1953).Google Scholar
- 2.D. V. Volkov, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,36, 15 (1959).Google Scholar
- 3.O. W. Greenberg and A. Messiah, Phys. Rev.,138B 1155 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.A. B. Govorkov, High Energy and Elementary Particle Physics, International School of Theoretical Physics, Yalta (1966), Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Steeter and A. Whightman, PCT, Spin, and Statistics and All That [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.V. Ruryshkin, Ann. Found. Louis de Broglie,5, 111 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.D. D. Grachev, VINITI, per. No. 4992-80 Dep.Google Scholar
- 8.N. N. Bogolyubov and D. V. Shirkov, Introduction to the Theory of Quantized Fields [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.A. I. Akhiezer and V. B. Berestetskii, Quantum Electrodynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar