Dimensional reduction method and meson mass spectrum in unified multidimensional field theory
- 12 Downloads
A new method is suggested for dimensional reduction of a langrangian defined in a 4+N-dimensional spacetime fiber bundle into a four-dimensional “effective” langrangian. The method is considered for the particular case of N=4. Mass formulas are obtained for mesons with charge, isospin etc., mass splitting of meson multiplets neglected. Taking the mass of the pion as an input, other mesons' masses are computed. The masses predicted are in good agreement with the experiment (Δm/m<0.04).
KeywordsMass Spectrum Field Theory Dimensional Reduction Reduction Method Fiber Bundle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.“Albert Einstein and Theory of Gravity” [in Russian], Mir, Moscow (1979), p. 529.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Einstein, Collection of Scientific Works [in Russian], Mir, Moscow (1966), v. 2, p. 492.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. M. Cho and P. G. O. Freund, Phys. Rev.,12D, 1171 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.L. N. Chand, K. I. Macrae, and F. Mansouri, Phys. Rev.,13D, 235 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. S. Vladimirov, “Systems of Reference in Theory of Gravitation” [in Russian], Énergoizdat, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.W. Meclenburg, Phys. Rev.,21D, 8, 2149 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Scherk and H. Schwarz, Nucl. Phys.,153B, 61 (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.D. Volkov and V. Tkach, Teor. Mat. Fiz.,51, 2 (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.N. N. Bogolyubov and D. V. Shirkov, “Introduction to the Theory of Quantized Fields” [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.Rev. Mod. Phys.,52, 2 (1980), Part 11.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Filippov, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,137, 201 (1982).Google Scholar