Overlap and nonoverlap criteria of spectral lines
- 24 Downloads
The case of overlapping spectral lines, encountered in studying fine and hyperfine structures of atomic spectra, is considered. Spectral and integral overlap criteria are proposed. Equations are provided for the calculation of absorption by these criteria for an arbitrary number of Lorentzian components. For a Doppler line shape we give an equation for the case of two lines, and we provide a separate equation accounting for overlap in this case. Various methods of calculating line overlap are compared and their applicability region is indicated.
KeywordsSpectral Line Line Shape Arbitrary Number Hyperfine Structure Atomic Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. G. Preobrazhenskii, Opt. i Spektr.,14, 342 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Rukosueva, Dissertation [in Russian], Tomsk (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.F. Reiche, J. Opt. Soc. Am.,46, 590 (1956).Google Scholar
- 4.S. É. Frish, in: Spectroscopy of Gas Discharge Plasma [in Russian], Vol. 7, Nauka (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.A. S. Kronrod, Points and Weights of Quadrature Equations [in Russian], Nauka (1964).Google Scholar