Gallium arsenide avalanche-type S-diode based on a n+-π-ν-n structure
The results are presented of an investigation of the electrical characteristics of avalanche S-diodes based on a new type of structure (+-π-ν-n), which is obtained by diffusing iron in GaAs with n = 1.1017 cm−3. The diodes have regions of S-type negative differential resistance (NDR), for both bias polarities and have a number of other features by comparison with diodes based on the π-ν-n structures with fused contacts. We discuss the mechanism for the formation of the NDR region of the voltage-current characteristics of the diode.
KeywordsIron GaAs Gallium Electrical Characteristic Arsenide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Khludkov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 10, 67 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.S. S. Khludkov and O. P. Tolbanov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,14, No. 8, 1624 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.S. S. Khludkov and O. P. Tolbanov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,14, No. 12, 2416 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.R. A. Logan, A. G. Chynoweth, and B. G. Cohen, Phys. Rev.,128, 2518 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Gaman, V. M. Diamant, and G. M. Fuks, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,13, No. 12, 2302 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Kuz'min and A. S. Kyuregyan, Radiotekh. Elektron.,20, No. 7, 1449 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.V. N. Arutyunyan, Generation-Recombination Effects and Double Injection in Semiconductors [in Russian], AN Arm. SSR, Erevan (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.P. M. Karageorgii-Alkalaev and A. Yu. Leiderman, Photosensitivity in Semiconductor Structures with Deep Impurities [in Russian], Physics Institute, AN Uzbek. SSR, Tashkent (1981).Google Scholar