Quasiclassical distribution function of electrons in a homogeneous magnetic field
- 21 Downloads
Vlasov's equation is used to find the classical nonrelativistic and relativistic distribution functions that describe an electron beam of bounded radius in a homogeneous magnetic field. In the quasiclassical approximation, by means of the exact wave functions of an electron in a homogeneous magnetic field, the quantum relativistic distribution function with allowance for the electron spin is found. The mean physical quantities that characterize the radially bounded electron beam are found as functions of the temperature and electron spin.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Distribution Function Wave Function Electron Beam Physical Quantity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Vlasov, Statistical Distribution Functions [in Russian], Nauka (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Statistical Physics, London (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Sokolov and I. M. Ternov, The Relativistic Electron [in Russian], Nauka (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Erdélyi et al, (editors), Higher Transcendental Functions [California Institute of Technology, H. Bateman MS Project, Part2, McGraw Hill, New York (1953, 1955)].Google Scholar
- 5.B. Lehnert, Dynamics of Charged Particles, North-Holland (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.V. Ch. Zhukovskii, A. A. Sokolov, I. M. Ternov, and B. V. Kholomai, ZhTMF, No. 6, 78 (1973).Google Scholar