Equations of spin motion in an external field. I
- 28 Downloads
Within the framework of single-particle theory for Dirac particles, quasiclassical equations of spin motion in a magnetic field are obtained. Various operators are considered for the description of the spin properties of the particles moving in the external field. As a specific example, the equations for the magnetic moment in a focusing field are solved. The resonance character of these equations is noted.
KeywordsMagnetic Field External Field Spin Motion Dirac Particle Resonance Character
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Sokolov and I. M. Ternov, Relativistic Electrons [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Sokolov and I. M. Ternov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,153, 1053 (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.V. Bargman, Z. Michel, and V. Z. Telegdi, Phys. Rev. Lett.,2, 435 (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.D. M. Fradkin and R. H. Good, Rev. Mod. Phys.,33, 343 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.P. A. M. Dirac, Principles of Quantum Mechanics, Oxford Univ. Press (1958).Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Davydov, Quantum Mechanics [in Russian], GIFML (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.V. B. Berestetskii, E. M. Lifschitz, and L. P. Pitaevskii, Relativistic Quantum Theory [in Russian], Vol. 1, Nauka, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Nyborg, Nuovo Cimento,32, 1131 (1964).Google Scholar