Determination of the anharmonic potential of some linear molecules
- 27 Downloads
The coefficients of the anharmonic potential (a polynomial of fourth degree in the generalized coordinates) of the linear molecules CO2, HCN, and C2H2 are calculated. A simple (linear) scheme of calculation is proposed and tested. The spectra of higher orders are satisfactorily reproduced.
KeywordsC2H2 Linear Molecule Fourth Degree Anharmonic Potential
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. H. Nielsen, Rev. Mod. Phys.,23, 90 (1951).Google Scholar
- 2.I. Suzuki, J. Mol. Spectrosc.,25, 479 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Nakagawa and Y. Morino, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn.,42, 8, 2212 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.E. K. Plyler, E. D. Tidwell, and T. A. Wiggins, J. Opt. Soc. Am.,59, 589 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.E. D. Tidwell and E. K. Plyler, J. Opt. Soc. Am.,52, 656 (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.W. J. Lafferty and R. J. Thibalt, J. Mol. Spectrosc.,14, 79 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.I. Suzuki and J. Overend, Spectrochim. Acta Part A:25, 977 (1969).Google Scholar