Electrical conductivity of silicon under large uniaxial deformations
- 12 Downloads
An analysis of the behavior of the electrical conductivity of electronic silicon under large uniaxial deformations is presented in this paper. The experimentally observed peculiarities in the behavior of the electrical conductivity are explained on the basis of anisotropic scattering theory, with account taken of the additional rearrangement of the impurity levels under the action of the deformation. A calculation is performed of the dependence of the anisotropy coefficient of the mobility on the impurity concentration with account taken of scattering by impurity ions and acoustic vibrations of the lattice.
KeywordsSilicon Anisotropy Electrical Conductivity Impurity Concentration Impurity Level
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Herring, Bell System Tech. J.,34, 237–290 (1955).Google Scholar
- 2.C. Herring and E. Vogt, Phys. Rev.,101, 944 (1956).Google Scholar
- 3.A. G. Samoilovich et al., Fiz. Tverd. Tela,3, 2939, 3285 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.D. G. Andrianov et al., Fiz. Tverd. Tela,6, 2825 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.G. L. Bir and G. E. Pikus, Symmetry and Deformation Effects in Semiconductors [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.F. Bassani, G. Iadonisi, and B. Presiosi, Reports on Progr. Phys.,37, 1099 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.P. I. Baranskii, V. P. Klochkov, and I. V. Potykevich, Semiconductor Electronics [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1975).Google Scholar