An estimate of the transverse glide parameters of dislocations in sodium chloride
- 10 Downloads
A method is developed in this paper for the experimental determination of the transition probabilities of a screw dislocation from the primary to the secondary glide plane and its reciprocal return to the primary glide plane upon the action of impact loads on the crystal. The method is used in the stress region in which the time dependence of the path length of the dislocations is linear. An essentially linear increase of both probabilities noted above as the stress increases is established. The latter corresponds to existing theoretical data.
KeywordsSodium Chloride Path Length Time Dependence Experimental Determination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. I. Smirnov, T. V. Samoilova, and E. V. Blekher, Fiz. Tverd. Tela,13, No. 11, 3292–3302 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.F. Appel', I. Messershmidt, and B. I. Smirnov, Problems of Solid Body Physics and the Study of Materials [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976), pp. 51–55.Google Scholar
- 3.O. V. Klyavin, A. V. Nikiforov, B. I. Smirnov, and I. M. Chernov, Phys. Status Solidi,35, No. 1, 427–431 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.A. N. Orlov, V. N. Perevesentsev, and B. I. Smirnov, Phys. Status Solidi (a),32, No. 1, 35–48 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Vladimirov and A. A. Kusov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela,18, No. 6, 1523–1528 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Wiedersich, J. Appl. Phys.,33, No. 3, 854–858 (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.O. I. Martyshchenko and N. N. Novikov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 2, 89–91 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Landau, O. I. Martyshchenko, and N. N. Novikov, Ukr. Fiz. Zh.,26, No. 11, 1849–1855 (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.W. J. Johnston and J. J. Gilman, J. Appl. Phys.,30, No. 2, 129–144 (1959).Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Predvoditelev and I. V. Stratan, Fiz. Tverd. Tela,12, No. 6, 1729 (1970).Google Scholar