Effect of electron-ion bombardment on the growth of dielectric films in reactive sputtering
- 10 Downloads
The mechanism by which electron — ion bombardment affects the growth of a silicon nitride film obtained by reactive sputtering in an apparatus based on a Penning discharge is investigated. The temperature and the degree of irradiation of the substrate are determined as functions of the distance from the substrate to the aperture in the anode. It is established that the presence or absence of bombardment leads to a difference in the formation of reactively sputtered silicon nitride films.
KeywordsSilicon Nitride Silicon Nitride Dielectric Film Nitride Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Makkoén and R. Kushnir, TIIéR,62, No. 9, 63 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.S. M. Hu and L. V. Gregor, J. Electrochem. Soc.,114, No. 8, 826 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Hollands and D. Campbell, J. Mater. Sci.,3, 544 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Vedernikov and T. I. Danilina, Mikroelektronika,2, No. 3, 248 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. E. Kreindel' and L. A. Levshuk, Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,38, 1675 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.M. D. Gabovich, Physics and Engineering of Plasma Sources of Ions [in Russian] (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.S. M. Hu, D. K. Kerr, and L. V. Gregor, Appl. Phys. Lett.,10, No. 3, 97 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.G. A. Vorob'ev, T. I. Danilina, V. P. Krivoshchekov, K. I. Smirnova, and Z. A. Shandra, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater.,10, 1972 (1974).Google Scholar