Nonsingular field model of a particle
The concept of a particlelike solution of the equations for interacting fields with allowance for gravitation is discussed. An example of a nonsingular spherically symmetric solution is obtained for interacting scalar and electromagnetic fields in the general theory of relativity; the regularity of the metric is ensured by the finiteness of the matter and total energies, and by the equivalence principle. It is shown that these conditions are also satisfied with interacting fields that are singular at the center.
KeywordsTotal Energy General Theory Electromagnetic Field Field Model Symmetric Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. P. Stanyukovich, Gravitation Field and Elementary Particles [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Fock, The Theory of Space, Time, and Gravitation, Pergamon (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Ohanian, Ann. Phys. (U.S.A.),67, 648 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.I. Z. Fisher, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,18, 636 (1948).Google Scholar
- 5.N. M. Bocharova, K. A. Bronnikov, and V. N. Mel'nikov, Vestn. Mosk. Gos. Univ., Fiz. Astron., No. 6, 706 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.K. A. Bronnikov, Preprint, ITF-72-20P, Kiev (1972); K. A. Bronnikov, Acta Phys. Polon.,B4, 251 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.K. A. Bronnikov and V. N. Mel'nikov, in: Problems in the Theory of Gravitation and Elementary Particles [in Russian], No. 5, Atomizdat, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.K. A. Bronnikov and G. N. Shikin, in: Classical and Quantum Theories of Gravitation [in Russian], Inst. Fiz. Akad. Nauk Beloruss.SSR, Minsk (1976), p. 88.Google Scholar
- 9.K. A. Bronnikov and G. N. Shikin, Izv. Vyssh. Uchben. Zaved., Fiz., No. 9 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.K. A. Bronnikov and G. N. Shikin, in: Problems in the Theory of Gravitation and Elementary Particles [in Russian], No. 9, Atomizdat, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 11.R. Hofstadter, Rev. Mod. Phys.,28, 214 (1956).Google Scholar
- 12.R. Pelliger and R. J. Torrence, J. Math. Phys.,10, 1718 (1969).Google Scholar