Notes on the robustness of the kriging system
- 69 Downloads
The robustness of the kriging system with respect to uncertainty of the theoretical variogram is investigated. Inequalities for possible changes of the kriging estimator and the estimation variance are derived. Results of a numerical study show that changes of kriging weights can be predicted partly with the help of the maximal kriging weight.
Key wordskriging variogram robustness estimation variance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akhiezer, N. I. and Glazmann, I. M., 1981,Theory of Linear Operators in Hilbert Space, Vol. I.: Pitman Publishing, Boston, p. 312.Google Scholar
- Armstrong, M., 1984, Improving the Estimation and Modeling of the Variogram,in Verly et al. (Eds.),Geostatistics for Natural Resources Characterization: D. Reidel, Amsterdam, p. 1–19.Google Scholar
- Brooker, P. I., 1986, A Parametric Study of Robustness of Kriging Variance as a Function of Range and Relative Nugget Effect for a Spherical Semivariogram:Math Geol, v. 18, no. 5, p. 477–488.Google Scholar
- Cressie, N. and Hawkins, D., 1980, Robust Estimation of the Variogram, I:Math Geol., v. 12, no. 2, p. 115–125.Google Scholar
- Diamond, P. and M. Armstrong, 1984, Robustness of Variograms and conditioning of Kriging Matrices:Math Geol, v. 16, no. 8, p. 809–822.Google Scholar
- Dowd, P. A., 1984, The Variogram and Kriging: Robust and Resistant Estimators,in Verly et al. (Eds.),Geostatistics for Natural Resources Characterization: D. Reidel, Amsterdam, p. 91–106.Google Scholar
- Omre, H., 1984, The Variogram and its Estimation,in Verly et al. (Eds.),Geostatistics for Natural Resources Characterization: D. Reidel, Amsterdam, p. 107–125.Google Scholar
- Journel, A. and Ch. Hiujbregts, 1978,Mining Geostatistics: Academic Press, New York, 600 p.Google Scholar