Model for grouping small energy transfers in electron transport theory
- 11 Downloads
In an analysis of a “condensed-collision” scheme, in which all the interactions of an electron between two successive collisions involving the production of fast secondary particles are “condensed,” approximate analytic expressions are derived for the Green's function describing multiple scattering of electrons in remote collisions. Distributions required for simulating the changes in the electron parameters as a result of multiple scattering are given.
KeywordsEnergy Transfer Electron Transport Multiple Scattering Small Energy Secondary Particle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. J. Berger, in: Methods in Computational Physics, Vol. 1. Statistical Physics (edited by B. Alder et al.), Academic Press, New York -London (1963), p. 135.Google Scholar
- 2.D. O. Schneider and D. V. Cormack, Rad. Res.,11, 418 (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.A. F. Akkerman, Yu. M. Nikitushev, and V. A. Botvin, Monte Carlo Solution of Problems of Fast-Electron Transport in Matter [in Russian], Alma-Ata (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Plyasheshnikov, A. V. Lappa, and A. M. Kol'chuzhkin, in: Monte Carlo Methods in Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1974), p. 283.Google Scholar
- 5.P. V. Vavilov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz.,32, 920 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Goudsmit and J. L. Saunderson, Phys. Rev.,57, 24 (1940).Google Scholar
- 7.L. V. Spencer and J. Coyne, Phys. Rev.,128, 2230 (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Lewis, Phys. Rev.,78, 526 (1950).Google Scholar