Continuum theory in the mechanics of composite materials with small-scale structural distortion
- 24 Downloads
In the present work, the continuum theory proposed in [3, 5] has been developed for composite materials with small-scale structures of arbitrary spatial distortion, in the case of both periodic and local distortion. A general method is proposed for the solution of linear problems in the given continuum theory in any approximation, on the basis of the small-parameter method. An example admitting of accurate solution for any form of plane structural distortion of the given composite material is investigated, illustrating the influence of distortion. The accurate solution obtained may serve as a standard solution for problems within the framework of the given theory.
KeywordsComposite Material Linear Problem Continuum Theory Accurate Solution Structural Distortion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Bolotin and Yu. N. Novichkov, Mechanics of Multilayer Structures [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.G. A. Van Fo Fy, Reinforced-Plastic Structures [in Russian], Tekhnika, Kiev (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Guz', “Continuum theory of composite materials with small-scale structural distorsions,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,267, No. 2, 307–313 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.A. N. Guz', “Theory of oscillations of composite materials with small-scale structural distortions,“ Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,270, No. 5, 1078–1081 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Guz', “Mechanics of composite materials with small-scale structural distortion,” Prikl. Mekh.,19, No. 5, 3–15 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Guz', “Quasi-homogeneous states in composite materials with small-scale structural distortions,” Prikl. Mekh.,19, No. 6, 3–14 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.S. G. Lekhnitskii, Elasticity Theory of an Anisotropic Body [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. M. Tarnopol'skii and A. V. Roze, Designing Reinforced-Plastic Parts [in Russian], Zintatne, Riga (1969).Google Scholar