Dielectric changes in ZnTe
- 31 Downloads
AC impedance measurements of 99.99% pure ZnTe were performed. Both capacitance and dielectric loss factor were found to be dependent on the frequency of the applied field, the intensity of illumination, and the temperature. The capacitance under illumination was observed to have a nonlinear variation with temperature. Beyond 323 K the capacitance was observed to increase drastically with temperature.
The experimental results have been explained on the basis of space polarization. Further, it is concluded that a process similar to “Polarization Catastrophe” is taking place in ZnTe.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.P.Krispin, W.Ludwig: Phys. Stat. Sol.12, 595 (1965)Google Scholar
- 6.J.A.Oksman, B.M.Nikolaev: FTS2, 37 (1968)Google Scholar
- 7.V.M.Fridkin, I.S.Zheludev:Photoelectrets and the Electrophotographic Process (Consultans Bureau, New York 1961) p. 67Google Scholar
- 7a.V.M.Fridkin:Photoferroelectrets, Springer Series in Solid State Physics, Vol. 9 (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1979)Google Scholar
- 9.P.K.C.Pillai, MaltiGoel: J. Electrochem. Soc.118, 359 (1971)Google Scholar