Defect annealing in phosphorus implanted silicon: A D.L.T.S. study
- 67 Downloads
Deep-level transient spectroscopy (D.L.T.S.) has been applied to the determination of defects in ion implanted silicon. Preliminary results concerning defects introduced by 130 KeV phosphorous ion implantation are described. Four electron traps are found: atE c -0.21 eV,E c -0.39 eV,E c -0.52 eV andE c -0.58 eV and their cross-sections estimated. The annealing behaviour in the range 450–800°C of these traps is described.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See, for instance, F. L. Vook: InRadiation Damage and Defects in Semiconductors (The Institute of Physics, London 1973) Conf. Ser. no 16, p. 60Google Scholar
- 9.See, for instance, J.F. Gibbons, W.S. Johnson, S.W. Mylroie:Projected Range Statistics, 2nd ed. (D.H.R. Inc., Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania 1975)Google Scholar
- 10.T. Hirao, K. Inoue, S. Takayanagi, Y. Yaegashi: InIon Implantation in Semiconductors, ed. by F. Chernow, J.A. Borders and D.K. Brice (Plenum Press, New York 1976) p. 1Google Scholar
- 11.See: C.P. Wu, E.C. Douglas, C.W. Mueller: IEEE Trans.ED-22, 319 (1975) for the problem of the limitation of the capacitive technique used for the determination of free carrier profiles obtained by ion implantationGoogle Scholar
- 13.R.W. Bicknell: Phil. Mag.23, 273 (1972)Google Scholar
- 14.A. Andersson, G. Swenson: Radiat. Eff.15, 231 (1972)Google Scholar
- 15.K. Seshan, J. Washburn: Radiat. Eff.26, 31 (1975)Google Scholar
- 16.See, for instance, J.W. Corbett, J.C. Bourgoin, L.J. Cheng, J.C. Corelli, Y.H. Lee, P.M. Mooney, C. Weigel: InRadiation Effects in Semiconductors, ed. by N.B. Urli and J.W. Corbett (The Institute of Physics, London 1977) Conf. Ser. n0 31, p. 1Google Scholar
- 18.J.C. Corelli, D. Mills, R. Gruver, D. Cuddeback, Y.H. Lee, J.W. Corbett: InRadiation Effects in Semiconductors, ed. by N.B. Urli and J.W. Corbett (The Institute of Physics, London 1977) Conf. Ser. no 31, p. 251Google Scholar
- 19.L.C. Kimerling: InRadiation Effects in Semiconductors, ed by N.B. Urli and J.W. Corbett (The Institute of Physics, London 1977) Conf. Ser. no 31, p. 221Google Scholar