Disturbance produced in an elastic half-space by impulsive normal pressure
- 41 Downloads
The displacement produced in the half-space by uniform impulsive pressure acting over a circular portion of the surface has been obtained in terms of definite integrals. FollowingCagniard andGarvin, the displacement at an interior point on the axis of symmetry has been calculated. The approximate displacement at points far off from the axis of symmetry has been obtained by using saddle point method and Tauberian limit theorem.
KeywordsSaddle Point Limit Theorem Interior Point Normal Pressure Point Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. Cagniard,Réflection et réfraction des ondes seismiques progressives (Paris 1939), Chap. V.Google Scholar
- W. W. Garvin, Proc. Roy. Soc. (London) [A]234 (1956), 528.Google Scholar
- L. Gilbert andL. Knopoff, J. Acoust. Soc. Am.31, No. 9 (1959), 1161.Google Scholar
- L. Knopoff, J. Appl. Phys.29 (1958), 661.Google Scholar
- H. Nakano, Jap. J. Astron. Geophys.2 (1925), 233.Google Scholar