OnLamb's problem: Line load suddenly applied in a magneto-elastic initially stressed conducting half-space
- 26 Downloads
The paper is concerned with the investigation of the plane Lamb's problem in which a line load is suddenly applied on a magneto-elastic initially stressed conducting half-space bounded by a plane. The results obtained in this investigation are in agreement with the corresponding results of the classical plane Lamb's problem when the semispace is supposed to be initially unstressed and non-magnetic.
KeywordsLine Load Classical Plane Stressed Conducting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Chadwick, IX Congress Inter. de Mécan. Appl.7 (1957), 143.Google Scholar
- A. Banos, Phys. Rev.104 (1956), 300.Google Scholar
- L. Knopoff, J. Geophysics Res.60 (1955), 441.Google Scholar
- C. P. Yu andS. Tang, ZAMP17 (1966), 766.Google Scholar
- H. Lamb,On the propagation of tremors over the surface of an elastic solid, Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. (London), Ser [A]203 (1916), 386–99.Google Scholar
- Y. C. Fung,Foundations of solid mechanics (Prentice-Hall of India Private Limited, 1968), p. 214.Google Scholar