Propagation ofSH-waves in a heterogeneous visco-elastic layer overlying a homogeneous voigt medium
- 34 Downloads
The propagation ofSH-waves in a vosco-elastic layer having variable material properties has been studied to explain the damping phenomenon of the wave motion. The damping coefficient may be calculated and the effect of heterogeneity on such type of wave motion may be observed from the obtained frequency equation.
KeywordsMaterial Property Wave Motion Frequency Equation Variable Material Variable Material Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. C. Hunter,Progress in Solid Mechanics I, Chap. 1 (North Holland Publ. Co., 1964).Google Scholar
- F. J. Lockett,The Reflections and Refractions of Waves at an Interface between Visco-elastic Materials. J. Mech. Phys. Solids10 (1962), 53.Google Scholar
- K. Kanai,The Effect of Solid Viscosity ofSurface Layer on the Earthquake Movements, Bull. Earthquake Res. Inst.28 (1950), 31.Google Scholar
- K. Kanai:A New Problem Concerning Surface Waves, Bull. Earthquake Res. Inst.39 (1961), 359.Google Scholar
- A. K. Sarker,On SH-type of Motion due to Body Forces and due to Stress Discontinuity in a Semi-infinite Visco-elastic Medium, Geofisica pura e applicata55 (1963/II), 42.Google Scholar