On disturbances in a visco-elastic medium of Maxwell type in contact with a liquid medium and subjected to a magnetic field
- 20 Downloads
The problem of disturbances in a visco-elastic medium due to Maxwell in contact with a liquid medium — both being perfectly conductive — has been investigated when an impulsive force acts along the plane of the contact. The electro-magnetic equations of Maxwell, equation of elasticity and the stress-strain relations of the material have been used in the investigation.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Liquid Medium Impulsive Force Maxwell Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. Knopoff, Jour. Geophys. Res.60 (1955), 441.Google Scholar
- T. Rikitake, Bull. Earth. Res. Inst.30 (1952), 191.Google Scholar
- N. Yukutake, Bull. Earth. Res. Inst.35 (1957), 641.Google Scholar
- D. K. Sinha, Bull. Cal. Math. Soc. (in press).Google Scholar
- N. C. Das, Gerl. Beitr. zur Geophys.76 (1967), 365.Google Scholar
- S. Kaliski andW. Nowacki, Internat. Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (1963) Brown University, 43.Google Scholar
- S. K. Bakshi, Gerl. Beitr. zur Geophys. (in Press).Google Scholar
- B. Roy Chowdhyry, Pure and Appl. Geophys. (in Press).Google Scholar
- S. Basu Mallik, Gerl. Beitr. zur Geophys. (in Press).Google Scholar
- S. Kaliski, Proc. Vibr. Probl.2 (1959), 17.Google Scholar