A Fourier transform method for the interpretation of self-potential anomalies due to two-dimensional inclined sheets of finite depth extent
- 75 Downloads
The self-potential anomaly due to a two-dimensional inclined sheets of finite depth extent has been analysed in the frequency domain using the Fourier transform. Expression for the Fourier amplitude and phase spectra are derived. The Fourier amplitude and phase spectra are analysed so as to evaluate the parameters of the sheet. Application of this method on two anomalies (synthetic and field data) has given good results.
Key wordsFourier transform method Self-potential anomalies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhattacharyya, B. B., andRoy, N. (1981),A Note on the Use of a Nomogram for Self-Potential Anomalies, Geophys. Prospect.29, 102–107.Google Scholar
- Meiser, P. (1962),A Method for Quantitative Interpretation of Self-Potential Measurements, Geophys. Prospect.10, 203–218.Google Scholar
- Paul, M. K. (1965),Direct Interpretation of Self-Potential Anomalies Caused by Inclined Sheets of Infinite Horizontal Extensions, Geophysics30, 418–423.Google Scholar
- Roy, A., andChowdhury, D. K. (1959),Interpretation of Self-Potential Data for Tabular Bodies, J. Sci. Engng Res.3, 35–54.Google Scholar
- Roy, A. (1966),The Method of Continuation in Mining Geophysical Interpretation, Geoexploration4, 65–83.Google Scholar
- Sanker Narayan, P. V., Sarma, S. V. S., Rao, D. A., Jain, S. C., Verma, S. K., Kumar, R., Babu Rao, V., Sinha, G. D. J. S. Harinarayana, T., andKrishna, C. V. G. (1982),Report on Multiparameter Geophysical Experiment in Kalava Area (Cuddapah Basin) Kurnool District, Andhra Pradesh. Paper presented at the Fifth workshop on Status, Problems and Programmes in Cuddapah Basin, held during 11–12th January, 1982, organized by the Institute of Indian Peninsular Geology, Hyderabad, India.Google Scholar
- Yangul, S. (1950),Interpretation of Spontaneous Polarization Anomalies Caused by Spherical Ore Bodies, Geophysics15, 237–246.Google Scholar