Surface wave and lithospheric structure across the northwestern part of the Indian peninsula
- 38 Downloads
Group velocities of fundamental mode Rayleigh and Love waves have been obtained across the central highlands in the northwestern part of the Indian peninsula and across the plateau region of the peninsula. Such data across the latter region were also obtained earlier and revealed model lithosphere IP11 for this region. Data of the two regions are similar and show that the lithospheric model IP11 continues from the plateau region to the central highlands. The model IP11 has been verified by comparing observed Love wave forms with synthetics ones.
Key wordsSurface wave lithospheric structure Indian peninsula
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhattacharya, S. N. (1981),Observation and Inversion of Surface Wave Group Velocities Across Central India, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am.71, 1489–1501.Google Scholar
- Cattermole, P., andMoore, P.,The Story of the Earth (Cambridge University Press 1985).Google Scholar
- Fukao, Y., andAbe, K. (1971),Multiple Love Wave Excited by Shallow and Deep Earthquakes, Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst.49, 1–12.Google Scholar
- Gupta, H. K., Rao, C. V. R. K., Rastogi, B. K., andBhatia, S. C. (1980),An Investigation of Earthquakes in Koyna Region, Maharastra, for the Period October 1973 through December 1976, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am.70, 1833–1847.Google Scholar
- Herrmann, R. B., andWang, C. Y. (1980),A Numerical Study of P-, SV- and SH-wave Generation in a Plane-layered Medium, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am.70, 1015–1036.Google Scholar
- Hwang, H., andMitchell, B. J. (1987),Shear Velocities, Q β,and the Frequency Dependence of Q β in Stable and Tectonically Active Regions from Surface Wave Observations, Geophys, J.90, 575–613.Google Scholar
- Langston, C. N. A. (1981),Source Inversion of Seismic Waveforms: The Koyma, India Earthquakes of 3 September 1967, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am.71, 1–24.Google Scholar
- Rastogi, B. K., andTalwani, P. (1980),Relocation of Koyna Earthquakes, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am.70, 1849–1869.Google Scholar
- Rastogi, B. K., Chadha, R. K., andRaju, I. P. (1986),Seismicity Near Bhatsa Reservoir, Maharastra, India, Phys. Earth Plant. Int.44, 179–199.Google Scholar
- Srivastava, H. N., Verma, R. K., Verma, G. S., andChoudhury, H. M. (1984),Crustal Structure of the Koyna Region Using Explosion Data from Deep Seismic Sounding, Tectonophysics110, 61–72.Google Scholar