Characteristic curves for the inversion of magnetic anomalies of spherical ore bodies
- 92 Downloads
Characteristic curves are presented for interpreting vertical and total components of the anomalous magnetic field caused by spherical ore bodies. The curves use characteristic distances which are easy to measure on an anomaly profile. The method is fast, and does not require prior knowledge of the base level or the origin. Inversion with the characteristic curves is demonstrated on two field examples and the curves computed for the estimated parameters match well the field curves.
Key Wordscharacteristics magnetic anomalies sphere inversion interpretation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barnard, S. andChild, J. M. (1959),Higher Algebra (MacMillan & Co., Ltd., N.Y.) 179–181.Google Scholar
- Bhaskara Rao, D. andRadhakrishna Murthy, I. V. (1979),Two methods of interpreting total field magnetic anomalies of arbitrarily magnetized spherical bodies. Geophys. Res. Bull. (NGRI)17, 121–128.Google Scholar
- Nettleton, L. L. (1962),Gravity and magnetics for geologists and geophysicists. Bull. Am. Assoc. Pet. Geol.48, 1815–1838.Google Scholar
- Paul, P. A. (1964),Depth rules for some geometric bodies for interpretation of aeromagnetic anomalies. Bull. N.G.R.I.2, 15–21.Google Scholar
- Radhakrishna Murthy, I. V. (1974),Analysis of total field anomalies of magnetized spherical ore deposits. Geoexploration12, 41–50. Also Geoexploration13 (1973), 200.Google Scholar
- Radhakrishna Murthy, I. V. andBhaskara Rao, D. (1978),The zero line method of interpreting total field magnetic anomalies of spherical ore bodies, Pure and Appl. Geophys.116, 1191–1199.Google Scholar
- Ram Babu, H. V., Subrahmanyam, A. S. andAtchuta Rao, D. (1983),Magnetic fields due to spheres, Geophys. Res. Bull.21, 225–232.Google Scholar
- Rao, B. S. R., Prakasa Rao, T. K. S. andKrishna Murthy, A. S. (1977),A note on magnetized spheres, Geophys. Prospect.25, 746–757.Google Scholar
- Rao, B. S. R., Radhakrishna Murthy, I. V. andVisweswara Rao, C. (1973),A computer program for interpreting vertical magnetic anomalies of spheres and horizonatal cylinders. Pure and Appl. Geophys.110, 2056–2065.Google Scholar
- Smellie, D. M. (1956),Elementary approximations in aeromagnetic interpretation. Geophysics21, 1021–1040.Google Scholar
- Verma, R. K. andBandopadhyaya, R. R. (1975),A magnetic survey over Bankura Anorthosite Complex and surrounding areas. Indian Journal of Earth Sciences2, 117–124.Google Scholar