Some exact solutions of unsteady boundary layer equations-II
- 35 Downloads
Some exact solutions are presented for the unsteady boundary layer flows of a homogeneous, viscous, incompressible fluid bounded by (i) an infinite rigid oscillating flat plate or (ii) two parallel rigid oscillating flat plates. An explicit representation of the velocity fields for both the configurations has been given. The structures of the associated periodic boundary layers are determined with physical interpretations. Several results of interest have been recovered as special cases of this general theory. The Heaviside operational calculus along with the theory of residues of analytic functions is adopted in finding the solutions.
KeywordsBoundary Layer Exact Solution Analytic Function Velocity Field General Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Michael Hall andLokenath Debnath,Some exact solutions of unsteady boundary layer equations I, Pure and Applied Geophysics (1972) (to appear).Google Scholar
- C. J. Tranter,Integral Transforms in Mathematical Physics (Metheum Monographs, London, 1966).Google Scholar
- G. K. Campbell andR. M. Foster,Fourier Integrals for Practical Applications (D. van Nostrand, 1948).Google Scholar
- N. N. Lebedev,Special Functions and Their Applications, (Prentice Hall, 1965).Google Scholar
- L. Rosenhead (ed.),Laminar Boundary Layers (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1963).Google Scholar