Thermoelastic response of a cylinder in the generalised dynamical theory of thermoelasticity
- 65 Downloads
Using the generalised dynamical theory of thermoelasticity, thermoelastic problem for an isotropic infinite circular cylinder has been solved by approximate techniques. A two dimensional harmonic problem for a cylinder has also been considered and small amplitude vibrations of the circular cylinder have been studied further.
KeywordsSmall Amplitude Circular Cylinder Amplitude Vibration Dynamical Theory Thermoelastic Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. W. Lord andY. Shulman,The generalised dynamical theory of thermoelasticity, J. Mech. Phy. Solids15, No. 5 (1967).Google Scholar
- S. Kaliski,Wave equation of heat conduction, Bulletin de l'Académie Pol. des Sciences,13, No. 4 (1965).Google Scholar
- Josef Meixner,On the linear theory of heat conduction, Archives for Rational Mech. and Analysis39, No. 2 (1970), 106–130.Google Scholar
- W. Nowacki,Thermoelasticity (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1962).Google Scholar
- A. E. H. Love,Mathematical Theory of Elasticity, Camb. Univ. Press, 1927.Google Scholar
- P. Chadwick,Progress in Solid Mechanics (the dynamical theory, Amsterdam, 1960).Google Scholar
- M. C. Wadhawan,Radially Symmetrical Thermoelastic Disturbances in Generalised Dynamical Theory of Thermoelasticity, Pure and Appl. Geophys.99/VII (1972).Google Scholar