Surface waves in restricted Hadamard materials
The propagation of waves of small amplitude in an elastic medium composed of Hadamard material, satisfying also the Ordered Forces condition and the Strong Ellipticity condition, and subjected to a large homogeneous biaxial stress, is investigated in detail. Consideration is given to the existence and general properties of Rayleigh waves on the surface of a semi-infinite medium, and to the propagation of plate waves in a medium of finite thickness.
KeywordsSurface Wave General Property Small Amplitude Rayleigh Wave Elastic Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. J. Willson, Pure and Appl. Geophys.93 (1972), 5–18.Google Scholar
- A. J. Willson, Pure and Appl. Geophys.95 (1972), 48–58.Google Scholar
- A. J. Willson, Pure and Appl. Geophys. (in the press).Google Scholar
- F. John, Commun. Pure Appl. Math.19 (1966), 309.Google Scholar
- M. Hayes, Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math.XXI (1968), 141.Google Scholar
- A. C. Eringen,Non-linear Theory of Continuous Media (McGraw-Hill, 1962).Google Scholar
- W. Ewing, W. Jardetsky andF. Press,Elastic Waves in Layered Media (McGraw-Hill, 1957).Google Scholar