Surface waves in restricted Hadamard materials
- 33 Downloads
The propagation of waves of small amplitude in an elastic medium composed of Hadamard material, satisfying also the Ordered Forces condition and the Strong Ellipticity condition, and subjected to a large homogeneous biaxial stress, is investigated in detail. Consideration is given to the existence and general properties of Rayleigh waves on the surface of a semi-infinite medium, and to the propagation of plate waves in a medium of finite thickness.
KeywordsSurface Wave General Property Small Amplitude Rayleigh Wave Elastic Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. J. Willson, Pure and Appl. Geophys.93 (1972), 5–18.Google Scholar
- A. J. Willson, Pure and Appl. Geophys.95 (1972), 48–58.Google Scholar
- A. J. Willson, Pure and Appl. Geophys. (in the press).Google Scholar
- F. John, Commun. Pure Appl. Math.19 (1966), 309.Google Scholar
- M. Hayes, Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math.XXI (1968), 141.Google Scholar
- A. C. Eringen,Non-linear Theory of Continuous Media (McGraw-Hill, 1962).Google Scholar
- W. Ewing, W. Jardetsky andF. Press,Elastic Waves in Layered Media (McGraw-Hill, 1957).Google Scholar