Spectral amplitude fields of seismic waves generated by sources with directed and undirected energy radiation patterns
- 39 Downloads
The spectral amplitude fields of seismic waves produced by directed (non-spherical) and undirected (spherical) explosive sources are described. The following four cases were investigated: a spherical source located at the bottom of a borehole, a spherical, a hemi-spherical, and a conical source placed at the wall of a trench. The geophones measuring theX, Y andZ components of the seismic waves produced were situated on the Earth’s surface within a circle round the epicentre of each source. The records were Fourier analyzed and amplitude spectra were used to establish spectral amplitude fields of these components. Amplitude and frequency variations of the seismic wave patterns are discussed in the paper.
KeywordsTrench Seismic Wave Amplitude Spectrum Seismic Energy Geophone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. Schenk,Stress waves and particle velocities produced by spherical explosive source in loess, Travaux Inst. Géophys. Acad. Tchécosl. Sci. No. 376, Geofysikální sborník 1972, Academia, Praha (in press).Google Scholar
- V. Schenk,Stress waves and particle velocities produced by spherical explosive source in limestone, Travaux Inst. Géophys. Acad. Tchécosl. Sci. No. 378, Geofysikální sborník 1972, Academia, Praha (in press).Google Scholar
- A. A. Drozdov andV. V. Ipatov,Seriynaya seismicheskaya stantsiya SS-24-P, Gostoptekhizdat, Moskva 1961.Google Scholar
- Z. N. G. Filon,On a quadrature formula for trigonometric integrals, Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinb.49 (1928–1929), 38.Google Scholar
- V. Schenk,Amplitude Relations of P, SV and SH Waves in the Nearest Zone of Spherical Explosive Source, Symp. on Earthq. Physics, May 29–June 1, 1972, Publ. Inst. Geoph. Polish Acad. Sci. No. 62, Paňstwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, Warszawa (in press).Google Scholar