The plasma-like properties of an aerosol of consensation nuclei
- 24 Downloads
An aerosol in charge equilibrium is theoretically and numerically investigated for plasma-like behaviour. It is shown that in sufficiently large containers the common type aerosols should manifest the properties of a plasma as regards their behaviour in an electric field. Such aerosols do not unambiguously possess a plasma frequency nor can they be termed a magnetoplasma. The results of this investigation may help to understand certain phenomena in atmospheric electricity.
KeywordsCommon Type Plasma Frequency Charge Equilibrium Atmospheric Electricity Large Container
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Keefe, P. J. Nolan andT. A. Rich,Charge Equilibrium in Aerosols According to the Boltzmann Law, Proc. Roy. Irish Acad. [A]60 (1959), 27.Google Scholar
- T. A. Rich, L. W. Pollak andA. L. Metnieks,Estimation of Average Size of Submicron Particles from the Number of All and Uncharged Particles, Geof. pura e appl.44 (1959), 233.Google Scholar
- T. A. Rich,The Average Size of Submicron Particles, Jour. Air. Pollut.I (1959), 288.Google Scholar
- M. F. Hoyaux,Plasma Phenomena and the Solid State, Contemp. Phys.9 (1968), 165.Google Scholar
- J. Zeleny,On the Ratio of the Velocities of the Two Ions Produced in Gases by Röntgen Radiation, Phil. Mag.46 (1898), 120.Google Scholar
- J. J. Thomson,Conduction of Electricity Through Gases (Cambridge University Press, 1903).Google Scholar