Torsional vibration of non-homogeneous isotropic hollow thick cylinder
- 39 Downloads
Free vibration of a thick hollow cylinder of non-homogeneous elastic material having rigidity μ and density ρ varying according to the laws: (i) μ=μ0(α0+β0 z) and Q=Q0(Q0+β0 z) for finite and infinite length of the cylinder and (ii) μ1/r = μ and Q = μ1/r for finite length only are considered in this paper. Frequency equations are deduced and respective numerical solutions are obtained.
KeywordsFree Vibration Elastic Material Hollow Cylinder Finite Length Torsional Vibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. M. Ewing, W. S. Jardetzky andF. Press,Elastic waves in layered media, 1957.Google Scholar
- S. Datta, Zeitschrift für angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik42 (1962), 7/8.Google Scholar
- J. G. Chakravorty, Indian Journal of Theoretical Physics,3 (1955) 1.Google Scholar
- E. Jhanke andF. Emde,Table of functions with formulae and curves.Google Scholar
- A. E. H. Love,A treatise on the mathematical theory of elasticity (4th edition) (1952).Google Scholar