Disturbance due to a point source in a layered half-space
- 31 Downloads
In this paper the displacement components due to a compressional point source in a layered half-space consisting of a liquid layer of finite thickness overlying a semi-infinite solid homogeneous medium have been deduced. Two different cases have been considered. In the first case the source is taken in the liquid layer and in the second case the source is taken in the solid layer. The displacement components in cylindrical coordinates have been obtained in closed form in detail at the interface for all values of distance from the source for the second case.
KeywordsPoint Source Closed Form Liquid Layer Homogeneous Medium Displacement Component
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. Cagniard,Réflexion et réfraction des ondes séismiques progressives (Gauthier-Villars, Paris, 1939).Google Scholar
- C. L. Pekeris,Geological Society of America, Memoir No. 27 (1948), 46.Google Scholar
- F. Press andM. Ewing, Geophysics15 (1950), 426.Google Scholar
- W. M. Ewing, W. S. Jardetzky andF. Press,Elastic waves in layered media (McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, 1957).Google Scholar
- L. Cagniard, Translated and revised byE. A. Flinn andC. H. Dix,Reflection and refraction of progressive seismic waves (McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, 1962).Google Scholar
- K. R. Nag, Indian Journal of Theoretical Physics11 (1963), 105.Google Scholar
- K. R. Nag, Bulletin of the Calcutta Mathematical Society57 (1965), 16.Google Scholar