Extensional vibration of a certain type of composite circular plate with a central hole
- 40 Downloads
In this paper, extensional vibration of a composite circular plate consisting of two concentric circular rings in welded contact has been studied. The inner plate is taken to be of variable elasticity and density whereas the outer one is taken to be isotropic and homogeneous. Two cases have been considered, the external radius of the outer ring being finite in Case I and infinite in Case II. Further the result for the extensional vibration of a non-homogeneouscircular plate with a central hole has been deduced. Frequency equation has been obtained in each case and the corresponding numerical results have been calculated.
KeywordsCircular Plate Central Hole Outer Ring Circular Ring Frequency Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. R. Sengupta, Bull. Cal. Math. Soc.56 (1964), 33.Google Scholar
- P. R. Ghosh, Indian Jour. Th. Phys.15 (1967), 65 and16 (1967), 101.Google Scholar
- Subhas Datta, Applied Phys. Quarterly7 (1961), 28.Google Scholar
- S. Timoshenko andJ. N. Goodier,Theory of elasticity (1951).Google Scholar
- E. A. Chistova,Tables of Bessel functions of the true argument and of integrals derived from them (1959).Google Scholar
- Gray andMathews,A treatise on Bessel functions and their applications to physics (1895).Google Scholar