Condensation nuclei measurements in marine atmosphere (Mediterranean Sea)
- 28 Downloads
After a short description of the soundings carried out during an oceanographical survey in the Sicilian and Sardinian channels in May and June 1970, the results of the nuclei condensation measurements in the sea are here reported. The data presented are the first about condensation nuclei countings in the Mediterranean. The values found are very similar to those ones found by other researchers, during surveys carried out in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, even if there is no direct reference to them.
KeywordsAtmosphere Pacific Ocean Short Description Direct Reference Condensation Nucleus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. A. Chalmers,Atmospheric electricity, 2nd edition (Pergamon Press, 1967).Google Scholar
- A. W. Hogan,Experiments with Aitken counters in marine atmosphere, Journal de Recherches Atmosphériques, Vol. III, no 12 (1968), 53–57.Google Scholar
- C. E. Junge,Air chemistry and radioactivity, International Geophysics Series, Vol 4 (Academic Press, 1963).Google Scholar
- D. Keefe andP. J. Nolan, Combination coefficients of ions and nuclei, Proceedings of Royal Irish Academy, Vol. 62 [Section A], nr. 4 (1962).Google Scholar
- A. L. Metnieks andL. W. Pollak,Instruction of use of photoelectric condensation nucleus counter, Geophys. Bull. nr. 16 (1959), Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies.Google Scholar
- H. U. Roll,Marine atmosphere, International Geophysics Series, Vol. 7 (Academic Press, 1965).Google Scholar
- M. Misaka andT. Takeuti,The extension of air pollution from land over ocean as revealed in the variation of atmospheric electric conductivity, Jour. of Met. Soc. Japan48, no. 4 (1970), 263.Google Scholar
- M. Colacino, G. Dalu, G. A. Dalu andF. M. Vivona,Contatore di nuclei di condensazione per misure di inquinamento atmosferico, Geofisica e Meterologia, Vol. XX, 1/2 (1971), 15.Google Scholar