Rayleigh wave propagation in a two-layer anisotropic media
- 55 Downloads
The possibility of propagation of Rayleigh waves in an incompressible crust of constant density and rigidity varying exponentially with depth lying on a semi-infinite transversely isotropic base has been discussed in this paper. Frequency equation has been derived and numerical calculations are made. The result obtained in this case is compared with that ofNewlands 2) andDutta .
KeywordsNumerical Calculation Wave Propagation Rayleigh Wave Anisotropic Medium Constant Density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Stoneley,The transmission of Rayleigh waves in a heterogeneous medium, M.N.R.A.S. Geophysical Suppl.3 (1934), 222.Google Scholar
- J. T. Wilson,Surface Waves in a heterogeneous medium, Bull. Seism. Soc. Amer.32 (1942), 297.Google Scholar
- M. Newlands,Rayleigh waves in a two-layer heterogeneous medium, M.N.A.R.S. Geophysical Suppl.6 (1950), 109.Google Scholar
- S. Dutta,Rayleigh waves in a two-layer heterogeneous medium, Bull. Seism. Soc. Amer.53, 3 (1963), 517.Google Scholar
- D. L. Andersen,Elastic wave propagation in Layered Anisotropic Media, J. Geophys. Res.66, 9 (1961), 2953.Google Scholar
- A. E. H. Love,A treatise on the Mathematics theory of Elasticity (1952).Google Scholar
- Jahnke andEmde,Table of functions with formulae and curves (1945), 146.Google Scholar