A method for the approximate solution of a two-phase stefan problem with reverse motion of the front
- 20 Downloads
Determination of the trajectory of a phase transition front moving in a forward or reverse direction is reduced to the solution of an ordinary differential equation. A numerical check of the results shows the method to be highly accurate.
KeywordsDifferential Equation Phase Transition Statistical Physic Reverse Direction Ordinary Differential Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. M. Budak, F. P. Vasil'ev, and A. B. Uspenskii, Numerical Methods in Gas Dynamics [in Russian], No. 4, Moscow (1965), pp. 139–183.Google Scholar
- 2.R. I. Medvedskii, V. I. Shevtsov, and P. A. Shmurygin, Problems Relating to Exploitation of Oil and Gas Deposits [in Russian], Tyumen (1981), pp. 51–63, No. 71.Google Scholar
- 3.R. S. Gupta and D. Kumar, Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer,24, No. 1, 251–259 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.F. Civan and C. Sliepcevich, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer,27, No. 8, 1428–1430 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. A. Bondarev, B. A. Krasoviskii, Thermal Regimes of Oil and Gas Wells [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Volkov and Z. N. Kuznetsova, Studies Relating to Thermal Conductivity [in Russian], Minsk (1967), pp. 298–303.Google Scholar
- 7.R. I. Medvedskii, Mathematical Modelling and Experimental Study of Heat and Mass Transport [in Russian], Yakutsk (1979), pp. 71–82.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Manning and M. N. Ozisik, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer,28, No. 8, 1481–1485 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.E. B. Chekalyuk, Oil Industry Geology and Oil Extraction from a Rock Shelf [in Russian], No. 38, Moscow (1968), pp. 40–42.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Friedman, Partial Differential Equations of Parabolic Type, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1964).Google Scholar