Experimental determination of the thermodynamic properties of three nematic liquid crystals
- 15 Downloads
The results of measurements of the density, the magnetic susceptibility, the molar specific heat, and the heat of the nematic-isotropic transition are reported.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Liquid Crystal Magnetic Susceptibility Thermodynamic Property Experimental Determination
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Karolik, “Thermodynamic properties of nematic liquid crystals,” Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation, Engineering Sciences, Minsk (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Chandrasekhar and N. V. Madhusudana, “Statistical theory of orientational order in nematic liquid crystals,” Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst.,10, 151–171 (1970);17, 37–47 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.I. P. Zhuk and V. A. Karolik, “Automatic thermal control system,” Vestsi Akad. Navuk BSSR, Ser. Fiz.-Energ. Navuk, No. 4, 60–62 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.W. Maier and A. Saupe, “Eine einfache molekular-statistische Theorie der nematischen Kristallinflüssigen Phase,” Z. Naturforsch. Teil A,15, 287–292 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.I. P. Zhuk and T. R. Atrashenok, “Experimental study of the specific heat of dilute aqueous solutions of nonelectrolytes,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,34, No. 6, 1027–1034 (1978).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1986