Utilization of the k-ε turbulence model in a free-convective turbulent boundary layer
A free-convective turbulent boundary layer on a vertical isothermal surface is examined. The influence of the buoyancy force on the kinetic energy of the turbulent fluctuations is analyzed. A modification is proposed for the turbulence model that takes account of the free-convective flow singularities.
KeywordsBoundary Layer Statistical Physic Kinetic Energy Turbulence Model Turbulent Boundary Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Plam and Kennedy, Teploperedacha, No. 1, 83–91 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.S. J. Lin and S. W. Churchill, Numerical Heat Transfer,1, No. 1, 129–145 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.Doan-Kim-Son and J. Coutanseau, Acta Astron.,8, 123–160 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Miyamoto and M. Okayama, Bull. JSME,25, 1729–1736 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Miyamoto, H. Kajino, J. Kurima, and I. Takanami, Proc. 7th Int. Heat Transfer Conf., Vol. 2, 323–328 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.A. F. Polyakov and S. A. Shindin, Teplofiz. Vys. Temp.,24, No. 5, 1031–1033 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Fedotov and Yu. S. Chumakov, Izv. Akad. Nauk BSSR, Ser. Fiz.-Energ. Nauk, No. 1, 5–90 (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.B. E. Launder and D. B. Spalding, Mathematical Methods of Turbulence, London (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Fedotov, Hydro-Aerodynamics [in Russian], Leningrad Polytech. Inst. (1983), pp. 42–46.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Patankar and D. Spalding, Heat and Mass Transfer in Boundary Layers [Russian translation], Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 11.H. M. Gibson and D. S. Leslie, Int. Commun. Heat Mass Transfer,11, No. 1, 73–84 (1984).Google Scholar
- 12.W. Kollman (ed.), Prediction Methods for Turbulent Flows, Hemisphere Pub. (1980).Google Scholar